Section 13 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 gives employees the rights of consultation and representation regarding issues concerning safety and health at work, and gives employees the right to elect a Safety Representative. Legislation also requires the employer to allow the Safety Representative acquire the knowledge necessary to discharge his / her function as a Safety Representative. Attendance on this Safety Representatives Course will provide the participants with the relevant knowledge.
Successful completion of this course will enable the participants to:
- Clearly understand their role as Safety Representatives
- Understand current health and safety legislation in Ireland
- Investigate and help prevent accidents in the workplace
- Understand the main components of a Safety Statement
- Conduct and record Risk Assessments.