To help staff members get a better understanding of the Stress Response – the good and the bad of this ancient but extremely important physiological and psychological mechanism.
To show how the Stress Response fits into the modern workplace – how it is important for optimum performance but also how without proper management it can become counter productive and also damaging on a physical level.
To explore techniques on how we can actually manage this autonomic response to help us function in a modern society.
Breakdown of 1-day workshop – 2 Sessions
- Psycho-education around Stress – what it is and what it does to the body.
- Examples of the modern-day illness’s that are solely the result of stress.
- Explanation of the Autonomic Nervous System and the Limbic System which are the main components of the Stress Response.
- The myth of Positive Thinking.
- How worry is an essential response of the Nervous Systems – not a waste of time.
- Group exercises.
Group activities and exercises to show how stress can be managed to achieve optimum productivity.
- Exercise to help establish boundaries
- Body relaxation techniques
- Grounding techniques to be used for those on the spot moments when stress hijacks our nervous system.
- Exercises in how to recognise stress in both yourself and others – “The Body Never Lies”
- Tips to help the Nervous System cope with modern day life.
Course time Table
Start at 9am with break for tea/coffee at 11am.
Lunch from 1pm -2pm and then finish between 4.30pm and 5pm