MEWP’s are sometimes used in the workplace and are replacing ladders and tower scaffolds as the preferred method of height access work. MEWP operators should be made aware of the safety precautions required or individual capabilities of the Scissor or Boom lift itself.
If you are an employer, it is a legal requirement to ensure employees are provided with adequate training for safe operation of work at height machinery.
Safety is of utmost importance while working at height. This course certifies operators on Scissor & Boom lifts. Operators can obtain the standard certification or the IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) certification.
On successful completion Participants on this course are able to:
- Operate an MEWP safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers requirements
- Clearly understand the causes of instability while operating an MEWP
- Carry out correctly, a pre-use inspection of an MEWP
- Work safely at height at all times
- Use a Safety Harness Properly
- Understand fully the procedures for the emergency lowering of the MEWP in the event of an emergency
Tulio S. R.: “I felt a big improvement today. Very satisfied with everything.”
Billy H.: “I knew nothing about the course before today’s course, now I feel confident, teacher was great.”
Lee Mc L.: “Real on-site practical skills learned. Would recommend to all levels.”
Graham O’N.: “Course was enjoyable and informative. Instructor was extremely professional and knowledgeable and easy to work with. One of the best instructor I had.”
Darren B.: “Amazing delivery of both theory & practical content.”