Standard MEWP’s are sometimes used in the workplace and are replacing ladders and tower scaffolds as the preferred method of height access work. MEWP operators should be made aware of the safety precautions required or individual capabilities of the Scissor or Boom lift itself.
If you are an employer, it is a legal requirement to ensure employees are provided with adequate training for the safe operation of work at height machinery.
Safety is of utmost importance while working at height. This course certifies operators on Scissors & Boom lifts includes Safe Harness Use and Work at Height.
- Legislation and the use of MEWP’s including Work at Height
- Basic types and specification of MEWP’s
- Hazards associated with using MEWP’s
- MEWP Accident prevention
- Daily pre-use checks and maintenance
- Safety precautions while using MEWP’s, Working at Height Safety Awareness & Safe Harness Use
- Positioning of the MEWP safely
- Refuelling and Battery charging procedures
- Raising and lowering the MEWP safely and correctly
- Emergency procedures for the Operator
- Evaluating ground Conditions
- Practical test and written theory exam
On successful completion participants on this course are able to:
- Operate a MEWP safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements
- Clearly understand the causes of instability while operating a MEWP
- Carry out correctly, a pre-use inspection of a MEWP
- Work safely at the height at all times
- Use a Safety Harness Properly
- Understand fully the procedures for the emergency lowering of the MEWP in the event of an emergency