This course is suitable for drivers with experience but no certification. The course consists of theoretical and practical training and testing. On successful completion, each participant will be awarded a three-year certificate of competency.
Why go on this course?
Operating a forklift is a specialized skill. Many accidents are caused by untrained drivers operating trucks in ignorance of the special conditions that apply to forklifts. This course is aimed at individuals who have good experience of forklift truck driving. Certificates are awarded to participants who are successful in the theoretical and practical tests. A confidential assessment of each operator’s abilities is also provided.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe operating skills
- Avoid danger to people and property
- Carry out an inspection of the forklift truck
- List the consequences of taking certain kinds of chances
- Load and unload safely
- Refuel/recharge forklifts
- Handle awkward loads
- Theory Session & Operator’s safety code
- Daily inspection & Pre Use Checks
- Hydraulic inspection
- Operating practices
- Written test
- Introduction to the forklift truck
- Controls and instruments
- Daily inspection, take over and maintenance
- starting, stopping and steering
- Simple corners and turning
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets
- Managing confined spaces
- Handling awkward loads
- Skill tests
Methods of Training:
This course is based on classroom methods and practical lessons on forklift trucks.
Ciaran O. – “Brilliant training.”
Martins A. – “Excellent.”