|It is up to the employer to ensure that candidates are selected to attend the appropriate courses outlined above. All courses are delivered by qualified instructors to the highest IPAF standard.
|ON SITE TRAINING:
A copy of the current Certificate of Thorough Examination for each MEWP will be required.
Appropriate P.P.E. maybe required for use by all candidates
|Outlined below are programme details and candidates experience requirements for attending MEWP training courses.
All courses are run to the criteria lead out by the Health & Safety at Work Act (2005) and Working at Height Regulations (2007).
Candidates must be at least a minimum age for employment and have a good understanding of work practices and health and safety rules.
It is also important that they have good co-ordination, head for heights and want to attend the training.
The course duration is 1 day for up to 3 people.
|On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Carry out pre-use checks on the MEWP and HARNESS correctly.
- Operate an MEWP safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook.
- Cleary understand the causes of instability while operating an MEWP.
- Work safely at height.
- Understand fully emergency lowering procedures.
- All candidates will be issued with a Certificate of Competency on completion of the course and practical test.
- Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 & 2007 Regulations.
- MEWP maintenance
- Introduction to controls
- Observation Skills
- Safety Harness Training
- Harness inspection, lanyard anchor points wearing of harness.
- Use of P.P.E.
- Working at height
- Awareness of electricity in work areas.
- Changing stabilities at height.
- DVD on operation of MEWP & awareness of electricity.
- Daily pre-use checks and maintenance
- Re-fuelling and battery charging procedures
- Harness inspection
- Emergency lowering procedures
- Raising and lowering MEWP safely and correctly
- Manoeuvring MEWP in confined areas safely
- Risk assessing ground for stability of the MEWP
- Emergency procedures
- Practical Test / Theory Test.