||We run beginners, experienced and refresher courses on scissors, boom, vertical boom lifts for all types of machines.
It is up to the employer to ensure that candidates are selected to attend the appropriate courses outlined above. All courses are delivered by qualified instructors to the highest standard.
ON SITE TRAINING:
A copy of the current Certificate of Thorough Examination for each MEWP will be required.
Appropriate P.P.E. maybe required for use by all candidates
Outlined below are programme details and candidates experience requirements for attending MEWP training courses.All courses are run to the criteria lead out by the Health & Safety at Work Act (2005) and Working at Height Regulations (2007).
Candidates must be at least a minimum age for employment and have a good understanding of work practices and health and safety rules.
It is also important that they have good co-ordination, head for heights and want to attend the training.
The course duration is 1 day for up to 6 people.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Carry out pre-use checks on the MEWP and HARNESS correctly.
- Operate an MEWP safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook.
- Cleary understand the causes of instability while operating an MEWP.
- Work safely at height.
- Understand fully emergency lowering procedures.
- All candidates will be issued with a Certificate of Competency on completion of the course and practical test.
- Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 & 2007 Regulations.
- MEWP maintenance
- Introduction to controls
- Observation Skills
- Safety Harness Training
- Harness inspection, lanyard anchor points wearing of harness.
- Use of P.P.E.
- Working at height
- Awareness of electricity in work areas.
- Changing stabilities at height.
- DVD on operation of MEWP & awareness of electricity.
- Daily pre-use checks and maintenance
- Re-fuelling and battery charging procedures
- Harness inspection
- Emergency lowering procedures
- Raising and lowering MEWP safely and correctly
- Manoeuvring MEWP in confined areas safely
- Risk assessing ground for stability of the MEWP
- Emergency procedures
- Practical Test / Theory Test.